- Himalayan Forest Research Institute
Himalayan Forest Research Institute Shimla
Himalayan Forest Research Institute (HFRI) established in 1977 is a research institute situated in Shimla in Himachal Pradesh. It works under the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) of the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India.
It was established for carrying out research on problem associated with natural regeneration of Silver Fir and Spruce. The institute made its humble beginning by starting functioning from a single room in "Kennedy House" and later with the increased research activities of this centre, an independent building "Press Villa" near U.S. club was allotted to it during 1978.
Divisions of Himalayan Forest Research Institute
- Ecology & Biodiversity Conservation Division
- Silviculture & Tree Improvement Division
- Non Wood Forest Products Division
- Agro-Forestry & Extension Division
- Forest Protection Division
- Information Technology Cell
for seminars and workshops in Himalayan Forest Research Institute.
Panthaghati, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171009