Get All India Board Examination Results 2020

HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam

The HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam is conducted by Himachal Pradesh University for admission to its 2 years B.Ed. Course.

Duration of the B.Ed. Course
The duration of B.Ed. course is 2 years, however, one can complete the course in a maximum span of 3 years from the date of admission to the course

HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018 Important Dates

  • Start of Online Application Process: 12th Apr, 2018
  • End of Online Application Process: 17th May 2018
  • Downloading Admit Card from the University Website: 24th May 2018
  • Date of Entrance Test: 4th June 2018 (Monday 11.00 am to 01.00 pm)
  • Declaration of Result: 11th June 2018
  • Issue of Merit List: 19th June 2018
  • Last Date for Joining the Allotted College/Course: 11th July 2018
  • Commencement of Classes: 14th July 2018

HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria

  1. Candidates should have successfully completed their Bachelor’s Degree (Medical/Non-Medical/Commerce/Arts), or Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Humanity or other equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories) from a recognised university or institutions.

  2. Candidates should have successfully completed their Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics or other equivalent degree scoring atleast 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories) from a recognised university or institutions.

  3. Candidates are in their final year and will appear for BA/B.Sc. /B.Com or Master’s Degree, Bachelor of Engg/Technology final examination or other equivalent examination in the year of the HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam are also apply for B.Ed. Entrance Test.

  4. 85% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who are a Bonafide resident of H.P. and the remaining 15% belongs to the candidates of other States. Other than these, one supernumerary seat for Single Girl Child is reserved in the dept. of Education H.P. University, Shimla.

  5. There is no upper age limit for candidates applying to the regular B.Ed. course.

HPU B.Ed. Entrance Test Pattern

The question paper for HPU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2018 will comprise of five sections:
a) General Awareness (Mainly HP & India)
No. of Questions: 40
Marks: 40

b) Language & Comprehension (Hindi & English)
No. of Questions: 40
Marks: 40

c) Logical Reasoning
No. of Questions: 40
Marks: 40

d) Knowledge of National Commissions/Committees
No. of Questions: 20
Marks: 20

e) Teaching Aptitude & Aptitude
No. of Questions: 20
Marks: 20

Question Type: Objective Multiple Choice Questions
Total No. of Questions: 150
Total Marks: 150
Duration: 2 hours

HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018 Admission Process

The admission to HPU B.Ed courses will be made strictly on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Entrance Test. They score a minimum of 35% marks (i.e. 53 out of 150) to qualifying in the Entrance Test. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Handicapped category should score a minimum qualifying marks of 30% (i.e. 45 out of 150).

HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018 Application Fees

The candidates are required to make the payment before proceeding towards the filling up of application forms.
  • For General/OBC & their Sub-Categories: Rs.900/-
  • Antyodaya/IRDP Category: Rs.450/-
  • For SC/ST & their Sub-Categories: Rs.450/-
The payment can be made in three modes i.e.
  1. Net-banking
  2. Card Payment (By Using Debit/Credit Card)
  3. Through the Challan generated from the website and depositing it in the nearest SBI Branch.

After the successful completion of the payment, the bank will issue the receipt/Journal No. on the Challan. In case of Net Banking and Card Payment, e‐receipt will be generated.

HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018 Application Process

  1. Candidates can fill up the HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018 application form online by visiting the official website www.hpuniv.ac.in and www.hpuniv.ac.in

  2. They need to fill up the application form with all appropriate details and get a printout of the filled in application form and send it along with the fee receipt by registered/Speed Post or in person with the quote on the envelope "Application Form for B.Ed. Entrance Test-2018" at following address -
    The Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests)
    Room No. 10 Admn. Block
    Ground Floor, H.P University
    Summer Hill, Shimla-171005 (HP)

HPU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018 Contact Details

Himachal Pradesh University (Dept. of Education)
Himachal Pradesh University
Gyan Path, Summer Hill
Shimla-171005
Website www.hpuniv.ac.in

Connect me with the Top Colleges