HP CMAT 2018 is the Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University business school. It is an entrance test into their MBA course. If you want to do MBA at the Himachal Pradesh University business school, then it is mandatory to clear this test. Many colleges located in Himachal Pradesh accept these scores too.
HP CMAT 2018 Important Dates
- Start of Online Applications: 16th April 2018
- Start of Online Applications: 16th May 2018
- Entrance Examination Date: 03rd June 2018 (Saturday)
- GD/Interview for Subsidized Seats: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th July 2018
- Declaration of Result for Subsidized Seats 16th July 2018 (Saturday)
- GD/Interview for Non-Subsidized Seats 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st July 2018
- Declaration of result for Non Subsidized Seats: 23rd July 2018 (Monday)
- The result of the written test shall be displayed on HPUBS notice board and will also be available on HPUBS website www.hpubsshimla.org
HP CMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have successfully completed their graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) from a recognised university or institution.
- Candidates appearing for their Bachelor Degree final exam in the month of March/April 2018 are also eligible to appear for HP University Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT 2018).
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 26 years for boys and 28 years for girls (29 years in case of SC/ST candidates both for boys and girls) as on 1st of July of the year of examination. However, there is no age limit for Non-subsidized students, defence personnel, State/ Govt. of India nominees.
HP CMAT 2018 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
HP CMAT 2018 syllabus comprises of questions from the following subjects or topics.
- English Comprehension
- Business environment
- Arithmetic Comprehension and Data Interpretation
HP CMAT 2018 paper consists of 50 objective questions that are a part of the 4 subjects mentioned above and should be completed in 3 hours.
The HPU-CMAT will have four sections of
- English Comprehension 50 questions
- Reasoning 50 questions
- Business Environment 50 questions
- Arithmetic Comprehension & Data Interpretation 50 questions
- Total 200 questions
HPU MBA Entrance Exam 2018 Selection Process
- Admission to MBA Program is completely based on the scores obtained in HPU-MAT also the Application Rating, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Candidates for Non-subsidized seats have to compete among themselves, there will be separate merit list prepared for subsidized and non-subsidized category.
HP CMAT 2018 Application Process
The application forms for HPU MAT 2018 can either be downloaded for the official website www.hpubsshimla.org
or can be obtained from the Business School on cash payment/demand draft** at the following rate:
- General Category (subsidized and non-subsidized) Rs.1000/- (cash counter); Rs.1050/- (by post)
- SC/ST Category (subsidized and non-subsidized) Rs.500/- (cash counter); Rs.550/- (by post).
- The downloaded application forms can be send along with a demand draft of Rs.1050/- for General Category and Rs.550/- for SC/ST category by post to -
Director, HP University Business School
The Demand draft should be drawn in favour of “Director, Himachal Pradesh University, Business School, Shimla."
HP CMAT 2018 Exam PatternExam Type:
Objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)The question paper will comprise of four sections with 50 questions each:
a) English Comprehension & Language
b) Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation
c) General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
d) General Knowledge & Business AwarenessDistribution of marks:
i. Application Rating: (10% of the percentage of marks obtained in matriculation, 10 2 and graduation) - 30 Marks
ii. Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT) - 50 Marks
iii. Group Discussion - 10 Marks
iv. Personal Interview - 10 Marks
HP CMAT 2018 Exam Centres The HPU-MAT 2018 will be conducted at
HP CMAT 2018 Number of Seats
Himachal Pradesh University Business School admits 60 students are under subsidized category and 60 students are under non-subsidized category.
The B-schools, which would accept the scores of HP CMAT 2017, are as follows:
Himachal Pradesh University Business School Seats Reservation
There will be a reservation of 15% & 7 % seats for candidates belonging to SC/ST respectively.
The remaining 77 % seats shall be filled up as under:
i) 25% shall be open for all the candidates
ii) 75% shall be for the candidates belonging to HP University or HP Krishi Vishwavidayalaya Palampur.
Other than these, there is also a reservation of 5% for outstanding Sportsmen/Women; 5% for outstanding Cultural Activists; 3% for PwD.
- Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS), Summerhill, Shimla
- Dr. V.S. Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan (Agribusiness Programme)
- L. R. Institute of Management, Solan
- H. P. Institute of Management Studies, Totu, Shimla
- Shimla Institute of Management & Technology, Sanjauli, Shimla
- K. C. Institute of Management, Pandoga, Una
- Abhilashi Institute of Management Studies, Ner Chowk, Mandi
- Bells Institute of Management & Technology, Mehli , Shimla
- Himalayan Institute of Management Studies, Kala Amb (Sirmour)
- Jagriti Institute of Management, Deodhar, Mandi
- Chaudhary Sarvan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishwavidyalya, Palampur
Himachal Pradesh University Business School Contact Details
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS)
Himachal Pradesh University, Gyan Path, Summer-Hill
Shimla-5, Tel.: 0177-2831653