- Hpu Mtech Computer Science Entrance Exam
HPU M Tech Computer Science Entrance Exam 2019
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) conducts M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 for admission to its 2 years full time Master of Technology (M.Tech) Programme in Computer Science.
HPU M Tech (CS) Number of Seats
- No. of seats: 27
- Reservation of seats for different categories as per the roaster by H.P. University
i) Supernumerary Seats - 02 (reserved for a single girl)
ii) Supernumerary seats 02 (Reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Jammu and Kashmir)
iii) Seats for in-service candidates - 05 (reserved); total number of seats 27
HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
- Admit Cards download begins: Fourth week of May 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: Mid June 2019
- Declaration of Result: First Week of July 2019
- Schedule of Counselling (Subsidized Seats): Second Week of July 2019
HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have successfully completed their 4-years Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology or Master degree in Mathematics/ Physics/Electronics/Computer Application(MCA)/ Computer Science/Information Technology with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST category) from a recognised university or institutions.
Any examination conducted by the universities in foreign country, recognized as equivalent by the H. P. University or on recommendation of Association of Indian Universities with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST) are also eligible to appear for HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019.
HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to download the application form online for HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 by visiting the official website www.hpucs.ac.in or www.hpuniv.ac.in
HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 Application Fee
The duly filled in application form along with a demand draft of requisite amount in favor of the Chairman, Department of Computer Science, H. P. U. Shimla and payable at Shimla, shall reach the Chairman, Department of Computer Science, H.P.University, Summer Hill, Shimla-171005 on or before the last date of submission:
- General Category: Rs.1000/-
- SC/ST/IRDP/Antodaya Category: Rs.500/-
HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 Selection Process
The admission to M. Tech (Computer Science) courses will be based completely on the marks obtained by the candidates in entrance test conducted by Himachal Pradesh University.
HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam Pattern
- Question Type: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of Questions: 200
- Total Marks: 200 (one mark each)
- Distribution of marks:
a. Logical Ability: 40 marks
b. Mathematics of Graduation level: 40 marks
c. English and General Awareness: 20 marks
d. Computer Ability: 100 marks
- Candidate should score a minimum of 35% i.e. 70 marks out of a total 200
to qualify the HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam. However, for candidates
who have qualified GATE/NET/SLET in Computer Science or Engineering will
be given 20% marks extra.
HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 Reservation of seats
- 15% and 7.5% of the seats are reserved for SC & ST candidates respectively who are a bonafide Himachali resident and have passed the qualifying exam from any recognised University.
- 25% of seats are open for all candidates irrespective of the institution from where they have passed their qualifying exam.
- 75% of the seats are reserved for candidates who have passed their qualifying exam from Himachal Pradesh University or H.P. Krishi Vishvavidyalaya or Dr. Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Handicaped candidates who are from Himachal Pradesh Domicile.
HPU M Tech (CS) Entrance Exam 2019 Contact Details
(Dept. of Computer Science), Himachal Pradesh University
Summer Hill, Shimla-171005, Tel.: 0177-2815207